Rhys has specialised in golf club fitting, club building, club performance alterations and club repairs.
Rhys Atkinson, the founder of Eclipse Golf, is a PGA AAT professional with 25 years’ experience in the field and on the green.
He set up the training department of Eclipse Golf to help facilities set up their own outstanding custom fit service for their clients. His approach follows the simple rule that the most important element of the fitting service is the fitter themselves followed closely by their motivation and the approach they use. The training concentrates on the fitters knowledge, their fitting ability, the equipment they use and the system they implement to ensure the best results for their client.
This system is called ‘PERFORMANCE FITTING’.
Rhys ran the Custom Fit and Product Training department at Callaway Golf for 12 years, setting up Performance Centres worldwide, creating and delivered training for hundreds of retailers across EMEA and writing the Custom Fit Protocol and handbooks still in use today. He also worked on the European Tour, tending to the equipment performance for over 100 of the world’s finest players including Seve Ballesteros, Annika Sörenstam, Colin Montgomerie, Ernie Els, José María Olazábal, Henrik Stenson, Thomas Bjorn, Kiradech Aphibarnrat, Danny Willet, Thomas Pieters, Alex Noren and many more. He’s also worked with thousands of club golfers from complete beginners to elite level amateurs.
Our training services support the ‘Performance Fitting’ approach and focus on the following elements:
- How to Fit – In depth understanding of what to do and how to fit a player to get truly great results for them.
- Technical understanding of club design and how it can help your clients. A deep dive into design elements, what they do and how to work out the best model for your client.
- Build Awareness – Understand the complexities of building and how it will help you get better results.
- Shaft Fitting – How to understand a shafts character and how to really fit the best shaft for player results. This was a methodology Rhys created for Callaway’s fitting reps and developed further when working on Tour.
- The ‘Rules of Fitting’ – understanding a system to work with to keep you on track.
- Breaking the rules – Learn why and how to break the rules in every session to get better results.
- All the tips, know-how and insights learned from 25 years specialising in equipment design, fitting and building.
- How to give your client full confidence and achieve result for them that they can see, feel and benefit from.
- Find out what measuring equipment you must have and use in every session to get better results and to keep you improving your understanding and fitting ability.
Performance Fitting is more than just knowledge and fitting ability. It’s a systemised approach that you can use to guarantee incredible results and reviews for and from your clients.
It features a step by step approach to ensure everything is covered every time. It’s a system designed to harness your skill and create an experience for your clients that they will never forget.